New 3D Science Café website

The NEW 3D Science Café website is up and running!
All of your favorite links, resources, templates, lessons, and workshops can be found via our new site. Please join us!

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Updated Version of Hot Ice (Chemistry)

I posted my first attempt of the Hot Ice demo as a 3D lesson on the blog 2 years ago (my how time flies!) I now have the most recent version that I did in my regents chemistry ready to share. Included in the slide show is the actual classroom demo with the temperature profile in live time. This version includes a student guide with an annotated class notes section. As far as where this fits in the sequence of topics ... I had finished the bonding unit, where we explored IMFs extensively, and had just begun exploring mixtures with the sand, salt, iron filings separation as a STEM Challenge. My goal was to continue using the concept of IMFs and focus on solutions. This lesson was observed and I have added the observation narrative on the last few slides. The intent of sharing this is to give you a better ideas of what this lesson looked like in class from another professional's perspective.


The Student Guide Template for this lesson can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment